Home Forums General tech discussions Where to go after Google+

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

john89

Google+ is closing, or has closed if you are reading this a couple of months from now. Where are people going? I know a lot of people never really used G+, which probably contributed to its demise, but some people did and I found it useful.

What’s the replacement? I have heard talk of MeWe, but don’t know if it is worth it.

#2492 Reply

Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

There are alternatives to Google+ like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, BeBee and others. However, the one that I and many others have switched to is MeWe. It is a small social network compared to the others, but it appears to have grown quite a lot since the G+ shutdown was announced. Of all the alternatives, I think it has the most to offer G+ users. Join me on MeWe at http://www.mewe.com/i/rolandwaddilove

#2513 Reply

Breezer

I looked at several others and did a search for apps in the App Store, checked our social media on Wikipedia, and tried to work out which was best.

The WeMe app on Google Play Store has over 1 million installs. Other social networks I looked at didn’t come close. I think this is the social network that has the most chance of succeeding.

#2733 Reply

Tim

Google+ is still working as of this minute, but today is the day it shuts down, at least according to the message banner at the top of the page that has been showing for the last month. I am going to make a MeWe account this week and check it out. It does seem to offer better privacy than other social networks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Where to go after Google+
Your information: