Home Forums General tech discussions Where to go after Google+

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Breezer 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

john89

Google+ is closing, or has closed if you are reading this a couple of months from now. Where are people going? I know a lot of people never really used G+, which probably contributed to its demise, but some people did and I found it useful.

What’s the replacement? I have heard talk of MeWe, but don’t know if it is worth it.

#2492 Reply

Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

There are alternatives to Google+ like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, BeBee and others. However, the one that I and many others have switched to is MeWe. It is a small social network compared to the others, but it appears to have grown quite a lot since the G+ shutdown was announced. Of all the alternatives, I think it has the most to offer G+ users. Join me on MeWe at http://www.mewe.com/i/rolandwaddilove

#2513 Reply

Breezer

I looked at several others and did a search for apps in the App Store, checked our social media on Wikipedia, and tried to work out which was best.

The WeMe app on Google Play Store has over 1 million installs. Other social networks I looked at didn’t come close. I think this is the social network that has the most chance of succeeding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Where to go after Google+
Your information: