Home Forums Phones, iOS, Android What do you do with Watch SpO2 data?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jon

I have an Apple Watch and it can measure blood oxygen saturation level. But what do you do with the information? I know that if you are really sick in hospital they will constantly monitor it, but if you are not, I cannot see the point in it.

I can tell you my SpO2 level right now and it varies slightly every time I measure it, but apart from telling me it is in the normal range, what use is it? It only seems to be outside the normal range when you are really sick, and then you would know you were sick and wouldn’t need the SpO2 level to tell you.

The heart rate monitor is excellent because you can influence your heart rate by resting, exercising, and exercising harder or less. You cannot influence your blood oxygen level. It is what it is.

I’m not convinced it is useful and I have stopped monitoring my SpO2 level. Does anyone use this feature? I should say, does anyone get any benefit from it, or do you just look at it?

#6756 Reply
    juuule

SpO2 blood oxygen level can be useful and we have all seen it, on TV in medical dramas if not in real life. However, monitoring fit, active and healthy people, the sort of people that typically by Apple Watches is not important. You probably won’t ever see it go outside of the normal range. I suppose that could be reassuring to some people, but it is a feature that sounds more useful than it actually is.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: What do you do with Watch SpO2 data?
Your information: