Home Forums Mobile: iOS + Android Sell your photos with a weather app

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kliver

There are dozens of weather apps for phones and I have tried a lot of them. One of my favorites is Weawow. I can’t remember where I saw it, it was recommended on a site and I tried it and it is excellent.

Go to the Weawow website, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Marketplace link. The Marketplace is where you can sell your own photos. It is an interesting idea and you might possibly make some money from your phone photos if people like them enough to want to buy them.

You can set the price low or high and you earn 75% of the money and Weawow takes 25%.

What is a weather app doing running a photo library and selling photos? My guess is it is a source of photos for its weather app. Open the app on your phone and it shows a fantastic photo with matching weather conditions. You might even see one of your own photos if you upload them for sale on Weawow. It is one of the conditions.

There are some rules, like no identifiable people, logos, works of art and so on. Basically, landscapes are fine.

It is interesting and different to the usual stock photo library, which might be difficult to get into unless you are a professional photographer. Weawow could be an easier alternative.

#4822 Reply
    gary

I have not tried to sell my photos, but I got some accepted by Pixabay, which is a great source of free photos. Of course, my photos are given away for free on the site. Could I have sold them? Probably not, there is far too much competition in photography and there are also several excellent sources of free photos, like Pixabay and Unsplash.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Sell your photos with a weather app
Your information: