Home Forums WordPress, blogging, SEO Is it safe to update to WordPress 5.2?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roland Waddilove 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kev93

I just wondered what your thoughts were on updating WordPress to version 5.2. I got a notification to update a couple of days ago and have been putting it off. Is it safe? Should I update or will it break my site?

#2876 Reply

Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

Whenever WordPress is updated, it is never a good idea to be the first person to install the update. Wait a few days or even a week before you update because there may be bugs and by waiting, you will get a fixed version that is more reliable.

For most people, updating WordPress is painless, easy and works fine. However, you may be one of a small number of people that it does not work for. For this reason, always make a backup of your site before updating it, just in case it doesn’t work.

Each site has a different set of plugins and code, and this means that a WordPress update may work perfectly on one site, but it does not mean it will work on yours. Perhaps you have a plugin, theme or code that is incompatible. It is unlikely, but it happens.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, as they say.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Is it safe to update to WordPress 5.2?
Your information: