Home Forums Mobile: iOS + Android Is 5G worth it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Craig90

5G phones are here, but only top of the range phones that cost a lot of money. I am wondering whether 5G makes them worth that money. Does it really make that much of a difference? I must say that I don’t use my phone that much out of range of a Wi-Fi connection, there are so many public hotspots these days. Should I ignore the hype and carry on with 4G?

#4450 Reply
    Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

The main benefits seem to be increased speed and capacity. If you are the sort of person that downloads movies at the bus stop on mobile data, then you will be able to do it faster and more reliably. Provided you can get a 5G signal of course.

If this is not an activity you often do, then it is hard to see the benefits, because 4G is pretty good, reasonably fast and everywhere.

If you have unlimited data on your 5G contract, you could replace Wi-Fi with it where Wi-Fi is poor. You could even turn your phone into a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot and connect to it with your laptop computer for computing on the go.

The benefits are limited to non-existent for me and I just don’t need it. That does not mean it is not useful for everyone. I am sure some people find it useful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Is 5G worth it?
Your information: