Home Forums WordPress, blogging, SEO How to get backlinks to your blog or website

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

Backlinks are one of the strongest indicators Google uses in search ranking. If you want to be near the top of search results, having a lot of them is a huge help.

How do you get backlinks? There are two ways and one is to actively create them by posting links everywhere you can – social media, forums, groups, comments on blog post, and even directly emailing sites and asking for them. Yes, simply asking for backlinks sometimes works, although a lot of the time it doesn’t – you may have to email 100 websites just to get 5 backlinks.

You must be careful with this link building method because you can get into trouble, like Facebook Jail where they block you from sharing anything because you look like a spammer. Do it cautiously and do not overdo it or it will backfire. Read the rules everywhere you share links and don’t break them.

The other way to get backlinks is to create great articles that people want to link to. For example, if you create the best recipe for the best tasting cookies ever, people will link to the page. I would link to that page, wouldn’t you want to share it with everyone you know? Who doesn’t like cookies? This is a natural link and it is more valuable than some other links, like a comment on someone’s blog post.

Which method is best? I do share links to articles on social media, but it is really just minimal shares to make a few people aware of articles. I don’t create backlinks. Mostly I focus on creating the best articles I can and when people like them, they link to them. Nearly all my backlinks are because people found what I wrote useful and linked to it. This is a slow method of creating backlinks that can take months or years, but in the long term, it works.

The method you use depends on your website or blog. If you are selling a product or service, you can’t wait five years for your site to grow and be successful. You need to get that product or service in front of people fast and build your backlinks fast. Me, I can wait.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: How to get backlinks to your blog or website
Your information: