Home Forums WordPress, blogging, SEO Focus on your best traffic sources

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

It is important to know where your website or blog traffic comes from. What are the main sources of visitors to your site?

There’s no point in spending hours each day posting tweets on Twitter if it brings in hardly any visitors. It’s the same with Facebook, Pinterest and anywhere else you share your blog. Are they worth it?

I often see people posting, posting, posting on some dead-end group on a social network, website, forum or some other platform and wonder if they are getting any results from their shares. I seriously doubt it from looking at these places and the number and type of people that frequent them.

I must admit, I have done it myself on occasions. You think you are doing great by getting your site out there and in front of people. However, it may not be as effective as you think and the traffic that comes from them may be very small for the amount of effort that is required.

You should learn where your website or blog traffic comes from using Google Analytics and focus most of your time on your best sources. Don’t ignore other sources, but don’t waste too much time on them if they don’t work for you.

What are the best sources of traffic for your website or blog? That varies from site to site and different sites and people have different best sources. The thing to do is to find out which sources are best for you. I can’t tell you because my best sources may be different to your best sources.

Where does most of your website traffic come from?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Focus on your best traffic sources
Your information: