Home Forums Phones, iOS, Android Buy an iPad now or wait?

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months ago by plincoln.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    greenbie

My old iPad is showing signs of age and I have to charge it up more often, the battery runs down faster and the home button feels a bit odd and takes a good push to make it work.

Should I buy a new iPad now or wait for the next one? If I wait, then I will get a better iPad won’t I? Is there a new iPad coming out soon? What do you think?

#4664 Reply
    Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

The iPad is always under development and new and updated models are never far away. One or more iPads will probably be released this year, but we don’t know which models or when. Even if one is released, it may not be the one you want, such as a new iPad Pro, but what you want is a standard iPad.

If your old iPad is failing, you have no option but to replace it with a new one. The best time to buy is when a new model is launched, so if you can carry on using the old one for a bit longer, I would do so until a replacement appears.

#4673 Reply
    plincoln

Rumors are growing that new iPads are coming soon – March. Information is a bit sketchy and possibly unreliable, but there may be new iPad Pro and iPad mini models. Someone said the mini may have pen support. That could be useful for artists and creative types.

I would certainly wait until the end of March before buying a new iPad just to see if anything comes out. If not March, then it will be October. Launches tend to be one or the other.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Buy an iPad now or wait?
Your information: