Home Forums Phones, iOS, Android Battery draining fast on my phone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    paulo82

Today my phone has suddenly been using the battery like crazy. It has been draining so fast that I have had to charge it up twice. Do you think that the battery has failed? The phone is only 18 months old, surely it should last longer than that no matter how much it is used. I should add that it is an Android phone, a Samsung.

#6154 Reply
    Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

Batteries tend to get worse very slowly over a long period of time. It would be unusual if it suddenly failed to charge or hold a charge. I would suspect a problem with an app or the operating system before suspecting the hardware.

The first thing to do is to close all apps. Go to the task switcher screen and swipe away all the apps so they are all closed. Then hold down the power button and power off or restart the phone. This often cures strange battery drain problems.

If the battery is still draining faster than it should, it may be an app running in the background. Go to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery and enable Power saving mode. Another thing you can do is to tap Background usage limits, Deep sleeping apps. Add apps you rarely use to the list. It prevents them from running in the background, which saves battery power.

#6168 Reply
    tim

I wonder if you have recently installed a new app? Maybe an app got automatically updated and the new version has a bug? Go to Settings and open the Battery and device care section.

Press Battery in that section and there is a chart showing battery usage over time. Tap the chart  and it shows a list of the apps that have used the most battery. This might show the app that’s draining the battery. You could delete it or stop it by opening it in Settings > Apps and pressing Force Stop at the bottom of the screen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Battery draining fast on my phone
Your information: