Home Forums Mobile: iOS + Android phones 250 Android phone security apps tested!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Frank63 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bob

There is a huge test of Android security apps at the AV-Comparatives website.

250 security apps for Android phones were downloaded and tested against 2,000 known types of malware.

• Only 23 detected 100% of malware
    • Only 80 blocked more than 30% of malware
    • 170 detected less than 30% of malware!

Are you using the wrong security app on your Android phone?

Android Test 2019 – 250 Apps

#2686 Reply

Breezer

It is interesting looking at the list and many of the well-established security companies are in the 23 that detected all the malware – Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, F-Secure, McAfee and so on.

These companies have years experience in detecting and removing malware on Windows and it shows. If you are not sure which security software to choose, it is always safer to go with a company with history and experience.

Some others did well, but if you don’t know the company, you don’t know whether the security is any good – unless you check the results in tests like this.

#2697 Reply

Roland Waddilove
    Keymaster

It is very easy to create an app that does minimal security checks and call it something like Ultimate Security App. Most people cannot tell whether it does its job at all never mind how well it does. I always check to see if an app (Android or Windows) has been tested on sites like AV-Test and AV Comparatives and if not, you are taking a gamble if you install it. It may be excellent but it may be worthless and you just don’t know.

#2724 Reply

Frank63

I don’t use any security apps on my Android phone. If you only use popular apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and so on, and only install them from the Google Play Store, you won’t have any problems with malware. I avoid apps with small numbers of users and anything outside of the store.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 250 Android phone security apps tested!
Your information: